Hello, everyone! I’m back! And I won’t lie, I’m really glad I took last week off. I really needed that time to work on homework now that I’m taking a couple more courses– even though I already graduated– and to give myself a little time to look over the past few months and look at the rest of my year. At the beginning of the year, I created a list of projects that I wanted to work on and get done craft-wise, which I called my Resolutions List. Since we have gotten halfway through the year, I thought I should go back and look at what I have finished, as well as looking at what I want to work on, and what I would like to change on my list.
On my list, I have three projects that are taking a lot longer than what I originally planned. These three things are: the Gilmore Girls CAL, the Friends CAL, and two shrugs. Now, I don’t want to completely get rid of these items on my list… but I also do not know if I can actually complete them all by the end of the year. Due to this fact, I am looking at how far I have gotten on each of these items, and taking that into consideration for how I am going to edit the goals on my list. Another thing that I didn’t really anticipate when I wrote this list was the amount of projects I would find later on that I wanted to work on. For example, the perler beads that I have been working on lately and the kit for Disney Princesses that Shmuzzy gave me for my birthday.
Right now, what I am planning on doing for these things on my resolution list is this:
- For the Gilmore Girls CAL—of the fifteen squares I want on my blanket—I have finished three squares (just a refresher, I have finished the Luke’s square, the Swan, and the Apple). I want to finish at least three more within this year. The three that I would like to finish are: the Love Rocket, the Car, and the Original Banner. This doesn’t seem like much, but I think that the banners and the Luke’s square are the largest pieces and it will feel like I have gotten quite a bit of the blanket done once I have gotten that far. This would also put me at being just over halfway (I think… area-wise) on the blanket, and at a point where I could start putting the pieces together.
- As for the Friends CAL, I think there is a possibility that I will just have to be okay with how far I have gotten with it so far… because I am not sure if I will end up finishing the squares the way I originally planned, or if I will scrap them and start over.
- As for the shrugs? I would like to finish one shrug and get halfway on another this year. I think that would be a good compromise to finishing them.
- The items I didn’t anticipate doing this year, but am adding to my list include:
- Finishing Captain Picard. He was supposed to be a gift and I feel SO BAD that he isn’t done yet! Hopefully he’ll get to his recipient before her next birthday!
- Make at least one Disney Princess, one Star Wars character, and one Winnie the Pooh character. Those kits need to get used!
- Finish all the perler beads Sir Shmuzzy had on his list. I am so close to finishing them already, so I figure I might as well put them on this list!